Sunday, August 2, 2009

First Steps!!!!


So, Ammon took his first 5 steps all by himself today. I was in shock and felt bad that Darren wasn't there. We were at our friends 'The Petersons' house for dinner and Ammon was laughing and having a good time walking around with Dave. Then later I held him up to just stand by himself and he took 5 steps on his own and then fell down. He hasn't done it again but I know that it's in him. I'm not going to encourage it because I'd like Darren to see him still learning but three weeks is a long time to wait! Here is a picture of Ammon standing on his own. I took this the other day right before he decided to sit.

5 comments:

Shelly and Jo Goodall said...

That is WONDERFUL!!! Before you know it he will be into everything. Hopefully Darrin will be home soon and get to see him walking:)

Darren Johnson said...

I know the truth, you are encouraging him to walk every chance you get. Thats okay, because I'll teach him how to run and climb into everything ;)(although I think he's already figured out the climbing thing).
I like the pics, Love you!

lance said...

He is getting so big. We are looking forward to coming up to see you guys and go camping the end of the month! We miss you all!

Tanya Smith said...

Wow! He is like 6 months ahead of Calvin...but that's no surprise. I'm sure he'll be running around before Darren get's home. There's stopping that little guy.

Anonymous said...

awww! very cool! Its so fun to see them do new things.
Love his little outfit. ha ha!