Saturday, October 2, 2010
Dad in Afghanistan
Dad left for Afghanistan yesterday. He has been gone for over a week. He had several classes to attend to first and then he left last night at 10 pm Eastern time (I believe) for Afghanistan. He'll be there for 6 months! I can't imagine being gone for so long. I am proud of him for going and serving there. I know that his services and talents are appreciated and so badly needed there. Although we all want to be selfish and keep him here with us at home (where we know he is safe), he is doing a good thing. I hope he knows how much I love him. I know that my dad would do anything for me and I hope he knows that I would also do anything for him. Sometimes as a child I feel like there isn't much that I can do to repay my parents for everything that they do for me. How do you express gratitude for the many countless hours of service and love, the sleepless nights and the sacrifices that they have made so that you can live a better life? I believe it was Elder Holland that spoke today in Conference about his parents that sacrificed their time and money so that he could serve a mission and go to college. My parents have done the same for me so many times in my life. They spend their time and their money serving their family and the people in the church and I am so grateful for their examples. I love you dad and I pray every day that you will return home to us safely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment