Sunday, January 2, 2011

T's 2011 Goals

So, I was reading my friend Andrea's blog and she has inspired me to work harder at improving myself and set some goals for 2011. I know that if I will do some spiritual things for myself that I will feel better about myself and get more accomplished during the day/week/year. Here are the goals I am setting for 2011:

Spiritual Goals
  • Read the scriptures or ensign every morning at 4:45 a.m
  • Say morning and evening prayers every day
  • Take time to ponder
  • Read the ensign completely each month
  • Write in my journal every Sunday or at least once a week

Physical Goals
  • Do yoga or some kind of exercise 5 days a week at 5:15 a.m.
  • Do not eat after 8 p.m.
  • Go to bed by 9:30 every night except Sunday (I have to work at 10:45 p.m. every Sunday so that is not a possibility)
  • Run a 5K with Tessa this summer
  • Lose 10 more lbs

Mental Goals
  • Read 'Unlikely Truths of Motherhood' by Katie Van Dyke
  • Learn something new about the FLEX system each Friday
  • Read 4 books that interest me this year (that will almost be more than I've read in my entire life and so this is a good goal for me)...1 book that I am thinking of is the biography on President Monson and that will probably take me all year.
Family Goals
  • Pay off credit cards
  • Get $3,000 in savings
  • Get Ammon potty trained by 2 1/2 (Feb 2011)
  • Do some kind of physical and mental activity with the kids every day
  • Increase our food storage each month
  • Find a way to develop some patience (more prayers throughout the day)
  • Go on a date each week with Darren
Talent Goals
  • Make 7 cards a month
  • Dance at least once a week
  • Play my clarinet and drum once a week
Now, having written all of these goals I need to go make me a schedule! I'm excited for this new year! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Tanya Smith said...

Wow, that is a lot of goals. I am tired just reading them...Good luck!

Darren Johnson Family said...

yeah, I know but they are all in different areas. Usually I just say, want to lose weight or something. I wanted to focus on each aspect. We'll see how it goes :) It's been a good day so far.

Anonymous said...

Awesome goals!!
I had no idea you played the clarinet and drums. Wow! You have so many talents!!
Cheers for 2011!!
:)